Therapeutics to fight life-threatening diseases
AMIVAS is a US, Australian, and European joint venture focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics for the treatment of life-threatening diseases with offices in the US, Australia and Ireland. AMIVAS manufactures in North America and our partners in Canada, USA and Europe package and supply our product to hospitals and patients in need.
AMIVAS’ vision was formed in response to the urgent need for a US and Europe- based firm to assume responsibility for the manufacture and distribution of Artesunate, for the treatment of severe malaria after quinidine gluconate was discontinued in 2019. With the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of its first commercial product on May 26, 2020, AMIVAS is proud to join the global effort to fight and eradicate malaria.
- The official launch of Artesunate within the UK planned for Q1 2024
- The official launch of Artesunate within the European Union planned for Q1 2024
- Important Updates on Locally Acquired Malaria Cases Identified in Florida, Texas, & Maryland
- Outbreak of Locally Acquired Mosquito-Transmitted (Autochthonous) Malaria — Florida & Texas, May–July 2023
- Amivas Ireland Ltd. Receives MHRA Authorisation for UK
- Malaria - Americas (14): USA (AR) autochthonous
To be the global leader in the battle against infectious diseases, driving scientific discovery and breakthroughs that will redefine the possibilities of critical medicines.
To be the global leader in the development and supply of life-saving critical medicines worldwide.
Information for health professionals
Artesunate for the treatment of severe malaria. Fast, effective & easy to use.
How to order Artesunate in your country – ordering instructions, links & phone numbers.
Artesunate for Injection™ – USA Artesunate Amivas – EU